Paleo, Small Batch, Chunky Spiced Apple Sauce ~ GAPS and AIP Friendly.
Usually around fall time I make a big batch of this spiced applesauce since organic apples are better priced during their peak season but I love to be able to have this applesauce more than once during just one season of the year and so I developed a smaller batch recipe for it.
We love to eat this as a snack or serve it warm over grilled pork chops. The sweet spicy flavor of the applesauce goes perfectly with the pork chops.
This applesauce is very simple to make and the cook time is only about 25 minutes simmering on the stove. I use one of my favorite kitchen gadgets whenever I make applesauce even if it’s a small batch. It makes peeling, coring and slicing apples snappy. The boys love to help with this gadget! I also couldn’t live in the kitchen without my favorite immersion blender. I literally use it 3-4 times a week and love it for making homemade-non-GMO mayonnaise and aioli.
Please buy organic Apples. They are on Environmental Working Groups Dirty Dozen list (five years in a row now) which means that they are on the list as one of the fruits that have the highest amounts of pesticides used on them. The pesticides are endocrine disruptors, have been linked to cancers, lower IQ’s and a myriad of other health ailments.
You have the option to use one of our favorite essential oils in this tasty applesauce. It adds an amazing aroma as well as therapeutic benefits!
I hope you are able to try making my delightful Paleo, Small Batch, Spiced, Chunky Applesauce soon!
- 9-10 Organic Apples, Peeled, Cored and Sliced (I like Fuji Apples)
- 2 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ Tsp. Ground Cloves or 2 drops of doTERRA Clove Essential Oil
- ½ Tsp. Ground GInger
- 3 Tlbs. Raw Local Honey (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a stock pot and bring to a boil. *Do not put essential oil in now if you are using it. You can add this once the applesauce has cooked and cooled so you don't eliminate the therapeutic affects of it.*
- Immediately reduce heat to low-medium so that the ingredients are simmering.
- Allow to simmer until apples are tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- When apples are tender, using an immersion blender in the stock pot, blend up the apples for about 10-20 seconds leaving chunks of apples throughout.
- *Let cool and, if you are using the essential oil, now is the time to add it in.
It's great that you stopped by. I am thrilled to help you create your own holistic life and guide you to healing your autoimmunity.