World Famous Dairy Free Guacamole | GAPS Friendly. AIP Friendly.
Okay, world famous might be a bit crazy but my guacamole has been requested a lot. It is quite delicious and quick to make which I like. I also love that it is loaded with whole food in their natural state, is dairy free and those who follow the GAPS or AIP diet can have it. That’s a winner in my book!
This is a snack I make at least once a week if not more. Sometimes I even have it for lunch with the addition of a few veggies like cucumbers, carrots and zucchini. It sounds weird at first but is really tasty and satisfying. Another way that I enjoy my guacamole is on top of plantain chip nachos or in a taco salad. I feel like I am indulging because the creaminess is delicious.
Guacamole That Detoxes and Chelates
What I love about this guacamole is that it is packed with ingredients that detox and chelate. Lime is a wonderful food to support detox pathways and boost liver function. Cilantro is known to aid in chelating heavy metals and red onion, being cruciferous, is high in antioxidants and sulfur which help your body fight free radicals and get rid of harmful toxins that are hanging out causing havoc.
Why not make this delicious snack this week? The good fats in the avocado will help you feel full for a long time!
- 3-4 Avocados, peeled and seeded
- Juice of 1 Lime
- One handful of Cilantro (about ¼ c), chopped
- 2 Tlbs. Red Onion, diced
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt (less or more depending on your preference - start with less and work up)
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- About 15 turns of Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- Peel avocados and place them in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together until it's the consistency you like.