Rosemary, Horseradish Beef Tenderloin Skewers
Every year my family and I purchase a whole, grass-fed organic cow to stock our freezer with a year of beef. One of the most prized cuts of meat that we get is the tenderloin. It truly is just that – tender!
I like to do different things with that cut of meat but the most recent way I used it was for skewers. These weren’t just any skewers. They were melt-in-your-mouth, succulent, herby, spicy, grilled meat skewers that were a huge hit. I had to share the recipe with you!
Rosemary and horseradish pair well together and give these tasty meat cubes a mild kick.
For your next outdoor meal, you are going to want to try these because they are simple, well-liked and can be served with a plate full of antioxidant-filled veggies.
The Best Ingredients to Use for Your Tenderloin Skewers
- Avocado Oil is a very stable oil under high heat. It is best to use this oil for grilling as opposed to olive oil which is very unstable at high heat and can be damaged easily.
- For the mustard, I like to use this version with apple cider vinegar in it. It changes the taste and goes perfectly with the flavors in this dish. **Also, always buy organic mustard or you will be ingesting GMO’s because white vinegar is always GMO unless it states otherwise. Be advised that horseradish can often be a bad choice for health if you aren’t watching the ingredients. Often there will be GMO vinegar, dairy, gluten, GMO corn, and EDTA which is made from formaldehyde. Yuck!
- This is my favorite prepared horseradish that is free from all of those harmful ingredients.
- As you may know, we love our raw local honey around here. You can find an apiary near you to get your own. If not, this raw honey is great!
- Essential oils are optional in this dish but I strongly recommend them because the flavors they impart are out of this world. If you’d like to get your own at wholesale cost you can go here or pr you can buy your Rosemary EO and Lime EO at retail.
- As I mentioned in the beginning, we purchase a whole grass-fed cow to save on beef costs. However, when we need a certain cut we have run out of we like to get it from our favorite online place to buy quality, organic meat. Shipping is affordable, meat is the highest quality and customer service is excellent. If you want to splurge on a beef tenderloin this one is a perfect choice. If you would rather use a less expensive cut of meat you can use NY Strip from here, is excellent!
Tantalizing Rosemary, Horseradish Beef Tenderloin Skewers
- 1 3 lb. Grass Fed Beef Tenderloin, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 Wooden Skewers
- ⅓ C. Avocado Oil
- 1 Tlbs. Organic Stone Ground Brown Mustard with Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Prepared Horseradish (with no nasty fillers)
- ¼ tsp. Ground Mustard
- ¼ tsp. Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
- 5 Grinds Fresh Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Raw Honey
- 2 Drops doTERRA Lime Essential Oil or ½ Organic Lime, juiced
- 3 Drops doTERRA Rosemary Essential Oil or ½ tsp. Dried Rosemary Leaves
- 6 Cloves of Garlic, crushed
- Place wooden skewers in a shallow pan filled with filtered water until ready to use.
- Combine marinade ingredients.
- In a medium size ceramic or stainless steel bowl (not plastic) place beef cubes and pour marinade over the beef.
- Stir until all pieces are coated.
- Let marinate for at least 30 minutes all the way up to two hours.
- Place beef cubes on wooden skewers.
- Grill beef skewers on mediumj heat for 5-6 minutes per side.
- Don't overcook these or they will not be tender. They should be cooked medium rare to medium (with a little pink on the inside). *Remember, they will continue to cook a bit after they're off the grill.
For Your Next Get Together or Delicious Sunday Meal
What I love is that these are simple to put together in a pinch. These skewers are a healthy way to treat your family to a special meal served with a unique style. Enjoy!