These ‘Peanut’butter Chocolate Blossom cookies are free of 7 of the top allergens and they’re gluten free!
Chocolate and peanut butter have always been a winning combination. They’re combined in many different ways but our favorite here is baked into this seasonal cookie. I grew up eating peanut butter kiss cookies that my grandma would always have waiting at her house when we got there. Once I got married I learned that these cookies are my husbands favorite cookie! He is not a huge sweet fan but these he will gobble up in an instant. My boys absolutely melt for these and I have to ration them so a whole batch is not gone in 5 minutes. As you know our lifestyle has changed over the years to improve our health, not hinder our health. Naturally, I had to adapt and rename our favorite cookies to a version that was just as tantalizing but actually had some nutrients in them and wouldn’t be full of toxic, refined, white sugar. Of course there is no peanut butter in these since peanuts are legumes and generally I don’t eat legumes because they make me deplete of vital minerals I am already low on and they hurt my gut. Instead, I used a seed butter for these cookies. Actually, I have to eat seeds in moderation because they can also damage a leaky gut further and when I eat too much they cause me brain fog. However, in small amounts and provided I don’t eat 15 cookies I can indulge in this wonderful Christmas treat.When I first started making these the only sunbutter I could find on the shelf was unsweetened. Then, the normal brand I used snuck cane sugar into the ingredients! I didn’t check because I had been buying it so long. I learned my lesson when I made a savory dish with it and it turned out sweet. Yuck! Be sure to get unsweetened sunbutter!
- I like Nutiva Coconut Flour the best. I get it in bulk amounts at Thrive Market
- One Again makes an unsweetened sunbutter and the brand called Sunbutter does too. I get that locally.
- Buying non hydrogenated shortening is imperative for health. Hydrogenated oils are a big no-no – they are damaged fats and very bad for your health. I buy my glyphosate free, non-hydrogenated palm shortening here.
- Lastly, I love Enjoy Life chocolate chips. Not only do they make chocolate chips free of the top 8 allergens they have wonderful customer service. These chocolate chips taste delicious! I can give them to my family without guilt I am filling their bodies with toxic substances like bad fat and refined sugar.
Try bringing these to your next Christmas party! They will be gone in an instant.
- ¼ C. coconut flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. cream of tartar
- ¾ C. + 2 tbs. coconut sugar, DIVIDED
- 2 large, organic eggs
- 2 tsp. organic, pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ C. unsweetened Sunbutter
- ¼ C. organic palm shortening
- Enjoy life Chocolate Chunks (you will need three per cookie)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl whisk together coconut flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- In another small bowl, using a hand blender, cream ½ C. + 2 tlbs. coconut sugar with the sunbutter and palm shortening.
- To those wet ingredients blend in the eggs, maple syrup and the vanilla extract.
- Now, pour the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and cream of tartar) into the wet ingredients and blend until combined. It should be a thick dough.
- Place remaining coconut sugar (1/4 C) into a small bowl.
- Roll dough into 2 tsp. size balls and roll in coconut sugar to coat.
- Place each rolled cookie dough ball on a baking sheet lined with a sil pat and press three chocolate chunks in the middle center of each cookie facing up to form a teepee.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- Cool on a cookie rack and then be sure to eat the first one since you're the baker!
My name is Jennifer and I am thrilled you stopped by. Grab a cup of tea and stay awhile with me. You are valuable. You are worth it. You can heal. You are powerful. You can have the life you always dreamed of. My pain has become my purpose. It's my biggest joy to help you move from merely surviving your life and just "getting through it", to thriving and loving every part of your life!
Are you with me?