A Pumpkin Filled Fall Spiced Dip – Yes Please!
Topping foods with luscious spreads makes eating all the more fun ~ and tasty! I used to love nut butter and even seed butter but since my lifestyle change I have realized I am not able to eat nuts and I can only have seeds in moderation and only if I am feeling really good.
I have to say butters, dips and spreads I have come to miss. Slowly I have been developing some of my own dips and spreads that satisfy the craving though. My Paleo Pumpkin Pie Apple Spread does not disappoint and it’s quick and easy to make. With our busy lives, I love quick and easy recipes.
One of the things I love about this spread is that even though it is sweet, it still has a lot of healthy fat to help metabolize the little bit of unrefined coconut sugar that’s in it. With the fiber in the apples and the good fat in the spread you’ll be sure not to have a blood sugar spike.
Another important ingredient in this spread is the REAL pumpkin! There is nothing artificial here, only real food – the kind of food that makes a positive deposit in your health bank account rather than a withdrawal. In our family that is the kind of food we try to eat all the time. We want to continue to promote healing rather than hinder it.
Spreading your apples or bananas with this sweet spread with comforting fall spices will make you feel like you’re indulging!
Let’s Talk About the Whole Food Ingredients
- Have you ever heard of coconut manna or coconut butter? It’s such a versatile ingredient and is the base of this spread. I love this brand because it’s high quality and tested to be pure and free of Glyphosate.
- I also use the same brand of Palm Shortening because this is a company I can trust. By the way, palm shortening is NOT the same as Crisco and never will be. Palm shortening is natural, not synthetic and is not hydrogenated.
- I prefer to use Organic, Canned Pumpkin in this recipe because fresh tends to have too much moisture and a bit different texture. I get it in bulk inexpensively at this online store.
- Organic Vanilla Extract has gotten really expensive. The most inexpensive place I have found it is here.
- You’ll need Organic Coconut Sugar for this recipe. This is a great one to try if you prefer to order things online like I do.
- Buying spices organically can be a benefit since they are not going to be irradiated if they are organic. This is one of my favorite organic Pumpkin Pie Spices.
Paleo Pumpkin Apple Spread Recipe
- ½ C. Organic Coconut Butter, softened
- 1 Tlbs. Glyphosate Free Palm Shortening, softened
- 2 Tsp. Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ Tsp. Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 Tlbs. Organic Coconut Sugar
- Pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
- 2 (heaping) Tlbs. Real Organic Pumpkin (canned preferable for texture)
- Place the softened coconut butter and palm shortening in a small, heat proof mixing bowl. Mix them both together until there are no lumps. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until all is combined.
- Serve room temperature with apples and/ or bananas.
If it's been in the fridge, you'll need to let it come to room temperature before serving it. You can warm it a bit to bring it to a spreadable consistency again.
This recipe can be doubled or even tripled for a crowd!
Whether You Want a Snack or Dessert
This Paleo Pumpkin Pie Apple Spread made with whole food and no refined sugar, will satisfy your sweet craving and nourish your body at the same time. It’s so simple to make that I bet you’ll find it becomes a staple recipe in your kitchen. Let me know how you like it in the comments below. Better yet, give it a rating once you have made it and tried it! I’d love to hear from you.
Leave a Reply