Instant Pot White Chicken Chili With An AIP Option
If you follow Feasting On Joy on Facebook no doubt you know how much I love my Instant Pot! It is a relatively new kitchen gadget of mine that is quickly outpacing my traditional slow cooker. Since I received it as a gift last year for my birthday I don’t think there has been a week gone by that I haven’t used it.
At first, I was a little intimidated by the thought of a pressure cooker but what I love about this one is all the built-in safety features. Also, it does so many things! It slow cooks, pressure cooks, makes yogurt, sautes, steams, cooks rice, makes soups, keeps foods warm and more. There so many adjustable features and ways to use the Instant Pot. Broth is another item I make in it often! Using this gadget has cut my broth time from taking all day to two hours! Plus the broth is extra rich and filled with collagen.
This Paleo Instant Pot White Chicken Chili is one of my favorite recipes I have created for the Instant Pot so far. It is so simple and the best part…… drum roll, please……
It only takes 20 minutes to cook!
I have never had a deliciously rich and hearty chili with tender shreds of chicken that only took 20 minutes to cook. Seriously! That’s amazing. This appliance saves me tons of time in the kitchen and for what it worth the price is actually very affordable when you consider how many appliances it actually replaces.
Since this post is not an ad for the Instant Pot (although I needed you to know how awesome it is) I should give the recipe to you! I did want to let you know that if you don’t have an Instant Pot, that’s ok. You can use your slow cooker on low for 6 hours to make this chili!
- 4 Organic Chicken Breasts
- 1 Large, White Yam, chopped into ½ inch cubes
- 4 Stalks Organic Celery, chopped (it’s on the dirty dozen – buy organic)
- 4 Large Organic Carrots, chopped
- 1 Organic, Medium Yellow Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves of Fresh Garlic
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin (Leave out for AIP)
- ¼ tsp. Dried Oregano
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper (Leave out for AIP)
- 1 4oz. Can Diced Hatch Chilis (Leave out for AIP)
- 1 C. Filler Free Coconut milk (ingredients are just coconut and water)
- 2 C. Organic Chicken Broth (I use my yummy Instant Pot Broth and if I don't have that, I love Kettle and Fire)
- 2 Ripe Avocados, peeled and chopped (for a topper)
- 4 Organic Green Onions, chopped, (for a topper)
- Put all ingredients in the Instant Pot.
- Close lid and close vent.
- Set instant pot on the poultry setting for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes you’ll hear the beep that it’s done. Release the pressure from the pot according to the directions.
- Shred chicken and stir into the chili.
- Top with toppings of your preference.