Grain Free, Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Baked Porridge
Are you rushed in the mornings but want something hearty and truly healthy for yourself and your kids to start the day? Often times that’s how we feel here. I usually have about a half hour to get breakfast on the table since I have to get ready in the morning, have my quiet time, have a quiet time with my kids and start school on time. Because mornings are busy, I like to have a dish prepared the night before that I can heat up on the morning when it’s time to eat. My Grain Free, Gluten Fee Apple Cinnamon Baked Porridge is perfect for a quick breakfast that really satisfies!
Before you get to the recipe, I have to tell you a little secret. There is organic cauliflower in this breakfast! Don’t be scared at all. This is a just a wonderful way to add a cruciferous veggie in the morning to start get an antioxidant boost and start your day right! You won’t even taste it, I promise!
This breakfast is chock full of antioxidants like vitamin A for better vision, and vitamin c which is wonderful to help reduce oxidative stress. The fiber from the apples, cauliflower and coconut will also keep your digestive system functioning and the protein from the eggs along with the fat from the coconut oil will help you feel full and satisfied longer in the mornings.
Be sure to use organic Fuji apples, organic eggs, organic carrots and organic cauliflower in this dish. You don’t want to ingest pesticides and herbicides and ruin the good start to your morning. They can affect you more than you know!
Also, I wanted to let you know that I love getting my coconut oil (that has no coconut taste) and my shredded coconut here.
A food processor is your friend for this recipe. You will be so happy spending five minutes prepping veggies as opposed to a half hour! Trust me!
Without further ado let’s get to the printable recipe!
- 1 C. Organic Cauliflower, shredded in a food processor or grated
- 1¼ C. Organic Carrots, grated
- 1 Small or Half of a Large, Organic Sweet Potato, peeled and grated
- 1 Fuji Apple, peeled and grated
- ¾ C. Organic Coconut, shredded
- 2 Tlbs. Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Ground Ginger
- ⅛ tsp. Ground Clove
- ¼ tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 Tlbs. Coconut Flour
- 1 Tlbs. Coconut Oil, melted + more for greasing your baking dish
- 3 Organic Eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp. Organic Lemon Juice
- 3 Tlbs. Raw Local Honey
- ¼ C Organic Maple Syrup (optional)
- Preheat overn to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch ceramic baking dish with coconut oil.
- Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl except the maple syrup.
- Mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Place in baking dish.
- If you are using maple syrup, drizzle it over the top of the porridge.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the center is set.
For softer texture steam veggie/fruit mixture in a pan for about 12 minutes then add all the rest of the ingredients.
Also, be sure to grate your veggies as it results in a smooth cooked texture. If you julienne cut some of your veggies they won't cook at the same rate and some will be crunchy and undercooked after baking in the oven.