Is it Time to do a Little Detox?
Did you indulge in too many desserts over the holiday? Do you feel a little bogged down, heavy, bloated or foggy?
If you find yourself ready for a reset, this smoothie is a great detoxifying beverage to add to make to help you get those filtering organs working optimally again.
This Smoothie Doesn’t Have a Banana
I’ve created a smoothie that does not have a banana in it. You may have to steer clear from bananas (especially ripe ones) due to the high sugar content right now and since I wanted this to be a low sugar drink, there’s no banana.
Although bananas are wonderful fruits with a boatload of potassium we need to eat them in moderation. Did you know that one serving of banana is ONLY 1/4 of a whole banana? This is important to remember when eating this popular fruit!
Important Ingredients in This Detox Smoothie
- Satiating fat from the avocado (and you don’t even taste it)
- Organic, Filler Free, Coconut milk which is filled with medium-chain triglycerides (MCT’s) which also fuels your body as well as aids in detoxing toxins
- A powerful immune boost from the organic blueberries
- Detoxifying and anti-inflammatory essential oils ginger and lemon.
- Protein from my favorite collagen peptides to help metabolize the small amount of fruit sugars that are in the smoothie. The collagen also helps improve, skin, hair and reduce joint inflammation! I LOVE grass feed and finished collagen. It is a mainstay in our home.
*Please be sure to only use grade 1 essential oils which safe for internal use. Our favorite oils are third party tested to be free and clean of all foreign matter, contaminants and are tested to be 100% pure. No filler oils! What it says on our bottles in what you get! You can get your grade 1 essential oils at wholesale cost here.
The Detox Smoothie is a Complete Meal
Drinking this for breakfast, lunch or dinner will give your body a tremendous amount of antioxidants as well the impressive anti-fungal, anti-viral, stomach soothing, anti-inflammatory properties that come from the rhizome ginger. Your kiddos will love the taste and they won’t even know how good it is for them!
Ginger, Lemon, Blueberry Detox Smoothie Recipe
I know you’ll come back to this refreshing drink time and time again when you want to give your body a reboot.
- 1 C. Organic, Frozen Blueberries
- 1 C. Organic Filler Free Coconut Milk,
- 1 Whole Avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 Drop Therapeutic, Pure Ginger Essential Oil, or ½ inch peeled ginger root
- 1 Drop Therapeutic, Pure Lemon Essential Oil, or ½ Organic Lemon, juiced
- 1 Tlbs. Real, Pure, Organic Maple Syrup (optional)
- 2 Scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 C. Ice
- 1 C. Water
- Place all ingredients in a high power blender until all is combined and smooth. I use a Vitamix and it works perfectly.
- This will make 4 small servings or 2 large servings.
Get Your Body Functioning at Peak Levels
Use this recipe to give your body the boost it needs to feel well again and take out the contaminants that have started to bog it down. Not only does this smoothie taste great and is quick to make but the deposit you will be making into your healthy bank account will be priceless!