If you would like a little background on the 24 Day No Sugar Challenge click here.
We’re half way through!
It’s been 12 whole days! How are you doing keeping sugar out of your diet? Has it been easier than you thought it would be? How have you felt? Are you able to look back at your symptoms tracking sheet that you filled out on day one and find anything that went away? I hope so!
I have been updating my progress with all these photos everyday on Facebook. Have you visited? I love visitors! Be sure to “like” my page so you can get updates as well.
In case you haven’t made it to Facebook I wanted to be sure to do a summary half way through and at completion so that you can see what I ate, what other things I was doing and how I was feeling overall.
During this 24 days I have also been doing a few other things to give my body the support it needs to heal. Here are some of the things I do daily:
- Take digestive enzymes with all my meals to help get the nutrients I need into my cells.
- Take HCL to help break down proteins that are hard for my body to digest. Through testing I know that I do not digest fish or chicken well and need help with that.
- Take l-glutamine every day in a glass of water to heal and seal my gut lining.
- Take Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides or Great Lakes Collagen Hydrolysate everyday. It is good for my hair, skin, nails and bones and provides many valuable amino acids my body needs.
- I have also tried to take daily walks to get outside and in the sunshine.
- Prioritizing sleep has been vital. I try not to get any less that 8 hours of sleep a night, This means I have had to forgo many things I would normally do at night since I am a night owl. Wearing these sexy amber glasses at least an hour before bedtime and getting off any screens has been important as well – especially for battling adrenal fatigue.
- I have been taking Caprylic Acid to get rid of any unwanted yeasts that might have been thriving on the unrefined sugars I have been eating. Yes, even unrefined can feed the bad guys. Last thing I want is Candida!
- The other thing I have been doing is using our favorite Therapeutic Essential Oils to reduce threats in my digestive tract that might be living off sugar too.
These are not things to just go out and do without knowledge and research. Please remember I have been at this for years and have done countless hours of research, taken classes and have doctor support so please don’t go willy nilly on this stuff! Some of it, if done improperly can give horrendous die off symptoms. However, if used properly and with adequate supervision these things can aid in healing and help you feel better.
Below you will find photos of my daily food and drinks.
Keep in mind that all these photos are phone photos so they are not great quality. It’s the best I could do trying to get a meal on the table and still eat it while it’s hot! I know you don’t mind. Also, all the food is free of processed junk food, grains (including corn), legumes, gluten, dairy, nuts, refined (and unrefined) sugar, and fruit. It’s all homemade as well except for dinner on day 5 when we went out.
A little tidbit: Through the years I have been able to get kitchen duty into a groove so I don’t spend crazy amounts of time prepping and cooking. I don’t have the time. I have a half an hour in the morning to prepare breakfast, a half an hour to prepare lunch and an hour to prepare dinner for the four of us. Most of the meals I eat, my family eats as well and if not there are only minor tweaks I have to do to serve them to all. Mostly, I don’t make two meals each time we eat, in other words. For special occasions I do spend more time but on a regular basis I have to stick to 2 hours per day.
On day 24 I will be sure to share with you my comparison of symptoms that I started with and what went away or improved after this elimination. There have been some great things happening and I can’t wait to share them with you. Stay tuned!
Be sure to join me for the next 12 days. It’s not too late!
12 days is better than nothing especially if you are dealing with some unwanted health symptoms. I think you will be surprised just how much even 12 days without sugar will affect your body in a positive way. If you do commit to the next 12 days please click here (and scroll down) to print your free symptom tracking sheet. Fill it out before you start! Don’t forget to check Facebook each day for my daily food updates and check back here on Wednesday, October 7th for the 24 Day No Sugar Challenge Wrap Up and Summary of what happened for me.